Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!!
It is hard to believe that VATNAV has been in business for one whole month already. Its been a bit of a "hit the ground running" sort of month, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
Starting a business is always going to come with its challenges, and I have definitely had some (including navigating my way through accounting systems, MTD challenges, contracts, insurance, AML and GDPR rules...oh, and not actually having an office for most of the last few weeks due to very delayed kitchen refurbishments!).
However, alongside challenges come opportunities, and this month has seen us:
- Help four businesses with reclaiming overpaid VAT on wholesale travel packages.
- Start preparing for quite a few exciting VAT training opportunities that have come our way, for both the travel industry and the wider VAT world.
- Spread the good news that cancellation income is no longer part of TOMS turnover.
- Deal with some unusual queries on yachts, partial exemption, 13th Directive reclaims and airline overrides.
- Fly to Dublin for a day to confirm a VAT overpayment for an Irish business
- Continue to catch up with and assist Elman Wall clients with their VAT issues and opportunities.
- Learn lots about Search Engine Optimisation and Google Analytics (#obsessed).
All in all, it has been a fantastic first month of business, and I really appreciate those of you who have taken the time to give me advice, listen to my thoughts and pointed me in the right direction of opportunities, assistance, and quiet places to work!
I hope that VATNAV can continue as it has started, and to help many more businesses with their VAT positions going forward :-)
(Oh, and in case you were wondering, no the kitchen still isn't finished!)